Welcome to Stop #12!
I’m super excited to be a part of the Blog Tour for Deanna Fugett’s debut YA Dystopian novel, Ending Fear, released just yesterday! Check out the beautiful cover and more about the book:
From L2L2 Publishing:
Fourteen-year-old Fear learns she was a parachute baby, dumped over the edge of the Gliding Lands as an infant. Fascinated by the floating cities in the sky before, now she’s desperate for answers.
But a slave isn’t likely to get those answers.
When her abusive Downer family throws her from their hovel, Fear takes refuge with a family who shows her love for the first time. Surely they can’t be trusted. Years of abuse and molestation has taught her that.
Then her brother discovers where she’s hiding and tries to kidnap her. Fear will never let him touch her again. Her new family conceals her at The Fallen, a ranch that hides parachute babies from the Uppers who discarded them.
Just as she’s beginning to embrace yet another home, Fear’s new little sister, Happy, is kidnapped and taken to the Uppers’ temple harem. Fear must go against her namesake, find a working hoverpod, and journey to the dreaded Gliding Lands before the little girl’s innocence is ripped from her forever.
Can she save Happy in time?
And will she find answers to the burning question of why anyone would throw her away?
There is so much to like about Deanna Fugett’s debut novel! First, I love how she used her characters’ predominant trait as their name (Fear, Hate, Courage…) — so creative and unique. And yet, her characters are so much more than just their dominant trait; she’s crafted a collection of characters with depth and fullness that can both frustrate you and tug at your heart.
And she uses the dystopian genre so fantastically. Her futuristic societies of Uppers (who live in floating cities and are slaves to popularity and pleasure) and Downers (who live on terra firma and are enslaved by poverty and propaganda) are an insightful commentary on our own society and what could happen if attitudes don’t soon change. Yikes!
Ending Fear was a fun read: one that kept me up at night, turning the pages, and wondering how Fear would overcome her namesake and glorify Abba. I highly recommend you snag your own copy of Ending Fear and settle in for a great ride.
Many thanks to Love2ReadLove2Write Publishing for the advance copy of the novel for review purposes. I was not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my very own! 🙂
The Rest of the Good Stuff:
Be sure to sign up for the Facebook Launch Party tomorrow from 7-9 pm MST for fun and prizes!
And don’t forget to add Ending Fear to your Goodreads to-read shelf!
If you’ve missed any of stops on the Ending Fear blog tour, be sure to go back and check them all out. They are all filled with tons of great info on the book, on the coloring book, and on Deanna Fugett. And if you visit all fourteen blog tour stops and collect all of the words of the sentence (from the images like the one at the bottom of this post), you can enter to win a signed paperback copy of Ending Fear and an Ending Fear Coloring Book (U.S. only; outside the U.S., you can win an Ending Fear e-book). Here are links to all of the stops:
- Monday, July 10th, Visual Post, Jebraun Clifford, www.jebraunclifford.com
- Monday, 10th, Interview (Double Feature), Dallen Clark, www.dthomasclark.com
- Tuesday, 11th, Behind-the-Scenes Feature, Liv Fisher, www.livkfisher.blogspot.com
- Wednesday, 12th, Guest Post, J.M. Hackman, www.jmhackman.com
- Thursday, 13th, Coloring Book Feature, Laura A. Grace, www.unicornquester.com
- Thursday, 13th, Guest Post (Double Feature), Grace Mullins, www.sheheartsfiction.wordpress.com
- Friday, 14th, Visual Post, Jordan Sundholm, www.JustBJordan.com
- Saturday, 15th, Top 3 Post, Laurie Lucking, www.landsuncharted.com
- Sunday, 16th, Book Review, Michaela Weidinger, www.bakerkella.wordpress.com
- Monday, 17th, Interview, Katie Donovan, www.fictionaficionadoblog.wordpress.com
- Tuesday, 18th, Release Day Feature/Visual Post, Deanna Fugett, www.quillsandinkblotts.wordpress.com
- Wednesday, 19th, Book Review, Laurin Boyle, www.laurinboyle.wordpress.com
- Thursday, 20th, FB Party/Book Review, Michele Israel Harper, www.micheleisraelharper.com
- Friday, 21st, Book Review, Joy Corkery, www.joyfulantidotes.com
To purchase your own copy, visit Love2ReadLove2Write Publishing.
And now what you’ve all been so patiently waiting for: the next clue in Ending Fear’s Blog Tour Scavenger Hunt! And if you’re like me (you tend to not do things in order…), and this is the last word you needed, simply click on the picture to bring up the entry form for the Scavenger Hunt. 🙂
And be sure to connect with Deanna Fugett on social media: